The Joe S. Mundy Global Learning Endowment will give priority to undergraduate students to support travel experience expenses. Eligible graduate students will be considered for supplemental travel support and given priority when accompanying undergraduate students funded through the Mundy Endowment.
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Must be a U.S. citizen in good academic standing and majoring in civil or environmental engineering or be part of an ongoing research project within CEE.
- Must not have previously been awarded Mundy Endowment funding.
- Must complete an application form with an itemized budget of expected travel costs (e.g. airfare, visas, lodging, etc.) and submit a short essay detailing travel plans, educational and learning goals, and expected outcomes of travel.
- Meet all pre-travel, in-country, and post-travel requirements.
- Complete a final report that provides details of the experience and photographs taken during the funded travel abroad. The report should detail how the travel experience will influence the student's career choices or future course of study or how the experience altered the student's view and understanding of the world. NOTE: Some travel reports will be posted in the News section of the CEE website.
Applications are reviewed three times per academic year.
- Fall application deadline: June 1
- Spring application deadline: October 1
- Summer application deadline: March 1
Applications and essays must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Decisions and announcements will be made approximately two weeks after the deadline.
Any further inquiries can be directed to Dr. Adjo Amekudzi-Kennedy, Associate Chair for Global Engineering Leadership and Research Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.