Affinity Group: Geosystems Engineering
Dr. Huang obtained her Ph.D in Geological Engineering from the University of Minnesota in 1999. She then worked as a senior engineer in Schlumberger Oilfield Services in Sugar Land, TX from 2000 to 2006 before she joined the faculty in Georgia Tech in 2007. Dr. Huang is a recipient of the NSF CAREER in 2011.
- Geomechanics aspects of drilling, rock indentation and cutting.
- Reservoir stimulation and production, in particular, slurry flow, fluid injection in granular media, hydraulic fracturing.
- Ph.D., Geological Engineering, University of Minnesota, 1999.
- M.S., Geological Engineering, University of Minnesota, 1998.
- B.S., Geotechnical Engineering, Tongji University, China, 1993.