Philip J. Roberts
- Appointed to and Chairman of “Expert Panel on Fate and Effects of Brine Discharge” State of California Water Resources Control Board, October 2011 -
- Distinguished Scholar, NOAA Oceans and Human Health Initiative, 2006-2008
- UPS Foundation Visiting Professor, Stanford University, 1993-94
- Member of the Hydrologic Transport and Dispersion Committee, ASCE, 1988 to present.
- Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Adjunct Professor of Oceanography, Skidaway Institute of Oceanography, Georgia
- Associate Editor, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 1987 to 1992
- Chairman of the ASCE Hydraulics Division Research Committee, 1986-1987
- Co-Chairman, IAHR/IWA Committee on Marine Outfall Systems
- Registered Professional Engineer number GA 12476, Georgia, United States
- 1980 Collingwood Prize of ASCE for paper: "Line Plume and Ocean Outfall Dispersion"
1999-2000 Outstanding Interdisciplinary Activity Award, School of CEE (with Don Webster).