Philip J. Roberts
Affinity Group: Environmental Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources
Dr. Roberts’ professional interests are in environmental fluid mechanics, particularly its application to the engineering design of water intakes and ocean outfalls for disposal of wastewaters and desalination brine, and density-stratified flows in lakes, estuaries, and coastal waters. This includes mixing and dynamics of natural water bodies, mathematical modeling of water quality, [Read More]
- Environmental fluid mechanics, mixing and dynamics of rivers, lakes, coastal waters, and estuaries
- Outfalls for wastewater discharge
- Mathematical models of wastewater fate and transport
- Oceanographic field programs and data interpretation
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering Science, California Institute of Technology, 1977.
- M.S., Environmental Engineering Science, California Institute of Technology, 1972.
- S.M., Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1970.
- B.Sc. (Eng), Mechanical Engineering, First Class Honors, Imperial College of Science and Technology, 1968.