The Joe S. Mundy Global Learning Endowment will give priority to undergraduate students to support travel experience expenses. Eligible graduate students will be considered for supplemental travel support and given priority when accompanying undergraduate students funded through the Mundy Endowment.
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Must be a U.S. citizen in good academic standing and majoring in civil or environmental engineering or be part of an ongoing research project within CEE.
- Must not have previously been awarded Mundy Endowment funding.
- Must complete an application form with an itemized budget of expected travel costs (e.g., airfare, visas, lodging, etc.) and submit a short essay detailing travel plans, educational and learning goals, and expected outcomes of travel.
Please Note: Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be awarded Mundy travel funds. Each application is reviewed by a committee and accepted or rejected on its merit.
- Meet all pre-travel, in-country, and post-travel requirements.
Applications are reviewed three times per academic year.
- Application deadline for Fall travel: June 1
- Application deadline for Spring travel: October 1
- Application deadline for Summer travel: March 1
Applications and essays must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Decisions and announcements will be made approximately four weeks after the deadline.
Any further inquiries can be directed to Dr. Adjo Amekudzi-Kennedy, Associate Chair for Global Engineering Leadership and Research Development, at email@example.com.