Changing Your Major

Advisor Shanta Hutchins works with a student in the lobby of the Mason Building. (Photo: Jess Hunt-Ralston)

NOTE: Admitted freshmen will not be allowed to submit a request for a change of major until after the deadline for withdrawal from classes with a W grade in the first term of their enrollment. The change would be effective for the second term of enrollment. This includes a change of major within the student's current College. For freshmen admitted for summer, the restriction is lifted after the withdraw deadline of their second semester of enrollment. All other restrictions also apply.

Click here to access the Change of Major Form from the Registrar's Office.

Change Your Major to Civil or Environmental Engineering

Students interested in changing into CEE must meet these requirements (except new freshmen):

  • Good standing – 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA
  • Attend a CEE Change of Major information session (register for upcoming sessions below)

Students must have completed MATH 1551, MATH 1552, and PHYS 2211 with a C or better. (This does not apply to new students.)

Change Your Major Out of CEE

Please be sure to meet with an advisor from your new major first.

Students interested in changing into another major from CEE may visit the Student Services Office on Fridays during walk-in hours (8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.) to have their Change of Major form signed by an advisor.

Register for a Change of Major Info Session

You must attend an information session before you change your major. Please register for an upcoming session below.


1 Start 2 Complete


  • January 28th, 2020 11-11:45 a.m. Mason 2117
  • February 18th, 2020 11-11:45 a.m. Mason 2117
  • March 3rd, 2020 11-11:45 a.m. Mason 3132
  • April 21st, 2020 11-11:45 a.m. Mason 2117