SAVE THE DATE
2019 CAREER EXPO
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2019
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Student Center Ballroom
(on the 3rd floor)
350 Ferst Dr NW
Atlanta, GA 30332
|INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS||INFORMATION FOR RECRUITERS|
Registration for the 2019 Career Expo will open in Summer 2019.
What Should I Bring?
Print copies of your resume and have them on hand. Recruiters will have access to digital versions if you registered — and many may simply ask you to email them a PDF — but it never hurts to have one to hand them.
What Companies Will Be There?
To get an idea of who attends, you can find a list of confirmed companies from the 2018 expo on the Event page for the Expo.
A Few Tips for the Expo:
- Attend! This may seem obvious, but not every student does. The Career Expo is a great networking and exploration opportunity for all CEE students.
- Dress for success. You will be making a first impression, so dress professionally. Also, bring water (since you will be talking a lot), and mints are always great to have on hand!
- Practice. Most students know to practice for an interview but don’t think it’s necessary for a fair. Prepare a 20- to 30-second “elevator pitch” that briefly captures who you are, what you offer, and what you’re looking for. Every interaction with a recruiter is like a mini interview. Practice delivering a smooth elevator pitch, giving a firm handshake, and making good eye contact.
- Plan your strategy. To make the most of your time at the fair, plan ahead by reviewing the company list to know who will be there. Identify priority employers you want to target.
- Get — and stay — organized. Have a plan for how to keep everything organized as you get materials during the fair. You can walk out with a lot of business cards and handouts, and it can be overwhelming. Take only the information you need, and make notes on the back of business cards or on your phone or tablet to remember key discussion points for when you follow up after the fair.
- Follow up. If recruiters instruct you to apply after the fair, be sure to do so promptly. Also, many recruiters use LinkedIn as a resource for filling positions and you should be visible and active there. Connect on LinkedIn with anyone you connected with in person at the fair. Even if the request isn’t accepted, you will have gotten your name in front of the recruiter one more time. The request should be paired with a follow-up email as well. You may make your initial connection face to face at the fair, but you may close the deal because you followed up virtually.
2018 Career Expo Resume Submission
***ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE CAREER EXPO.***
We won't be able to provide lunch, but please feel free to come by and meet recruiters even if you didn't register ahead of time.
Acceptable formats: PDF or Word document (doc or docx extension)
Some users have reported problems uploading their resume. If you are unable to upload, trying browsing for your resume so it appears in the upload field but DO NOT click upload. Then submit the form.
Still having trouble? Email email@example.com.
Each booth includes a 6-foot table and two chairs. Georgia Tech has a free public Wi-Fi network available for your use. Please let us know when you confirm your registration if you will have need power.
Your registration fee includes a booth, morning refreshments, and lunch for two recruiters.
There will be no refunds for cancellations.
Career Expo Itinerary
9 a.m.: Recruiter sign-in and booth setup
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Open Career Expo
12 p.m.: Lunch available for recruiters
Interview rooms will be available for interested recruiters. Please let us know if you’d like to reserve a room during or after the expo.
If your company chooses to ship display materials in advance, all materials should be received by Friday, August 31, 2018. If you choose to ship items in advance, please inform Daniela Estrada (firstname.lastname@example.org), including tracking information and the number of items we'll be receiving.
All shipments must be sent to the following address:
Georgia Institute of Technology
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Attn: Daniela Estrada - 2018 CEE CAREER FAIR
790 Atlantic Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332-0355
* We cannot guarantee receipt of materials shipped elsewhere on campus.
Display Pick-Up After the Career Expo
It will be the responsibility of each company to pick up their items or arrange for shipping at the end of the day. Campus pickup can be arranged only through FedEx, UPS, and U.S. Postal Service.
Parking is available in Visitor Area 3 near the Student Center. Please pull a ticket to enter the lot, and we will provide validation. Parking is also available in Visitor Area 2 for $2 per hour. We cannot validate parking for Area 2.
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
Regency Suites Hotel
Atlanta Midtown Renaissance
Hilton Garden Inn / Homewood Suites