This accelerated learning boot camp covers 2.5 days of instructor lead facilitation and is designed to cover key learning points of the CLTD learning system. The learning system content is included in the course. This boot camp is intended for the self-study learner planning to take the APICS CLTD certification exam.
The APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution™ (CLTD) certification provides you with the information you need to meet today’s supply chain logistics challenges.
Created by APICS and a team of subject matter experts, the CLTD designation covers a comprehensive body of knowledge that sets the global standard for best practices in logistics, transportation and distribution.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The APICS CLTD is designed for logistics professionals and people planning and managing global logistics across all industries, especially:
- Logistics managers/engineers
- Supply chain managers
- Traffic managers
- Transportation/fleet managers
- Warehouse operations/distribution managers
- Reverse logistics managers
- Supply chain/operations consultants
No matter where you are in your career, earning the CLTD credential will demonstrate your mastery of a broad range of logistic, transportation and distribution topics.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
- Master the essential knowledge needed for the logistics, transportation and distribution industry
- Bring new ideas to your organization
- Remain current with global logistics trends and developments
- Boost your confidence with recognition as a logistics expert
- Reduce costs and impact your organization’s bottom line
- Allow you to more effectively communicate with others across your extended supply chain
Participants will gain an understanding of the processes, best practices, and tools used by today’s logistics managers and how to design and administer systems to control the movement and positioning of material and information flows to satisfy customer requirements at the lowest total cost.
WHAT IS COVERED
Logistics and Supply Chain Overview
- Overview of macro and micro logistics processes and systems defining material and information flows
- Achieving consistent customer service at the lowest total cost
- Illustrate logistics cross-functional relationships with marketing, finance and manufacturing
Capacity Planning and Demand Management
- Understand strategic and operational considerations, and important trade-offs related to logistics, procurement, manufacturing and customer relationship management
- Developing resource-alignment and organizational forecasts
- Related concepts of order management and customer service
- Defining and measuring logistics customer service outputs
Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Review methods and techniques firms use to control, manage, and store inventory
- Understand economic and service benefits warehousing delivers
- Define warehouse types and operating characteristics
- Understand major principles and processes of transportation management
- Review fundamental mode roles, capabilities and responsibilities
Global Logistics Considerations
- Navigating today’s more complex supply chains from a total cost perspective
- Using transportation modal analysis, security considerations and regulations
Logistics Network Design
- Understand how transportation and inventory economics impact network design considerations
- Introduction to modeling tools and techniques
- Working with the processes, resources and tools for managing risk
Reverse Logistics Considerations
- A look at the expanded view of reverse supply chain flows and sustainability
- What is logistics social responsibility and the triple bottom line
Participants will be provided the APICS CLTD course reading material and one-year access to the APICS online courseware.
On the first day, please check in at least 30 minutes before the class start time.
- First Day - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Second Day - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Third Day - 8:00am to 12:00pm (lunch not included)