- Ph.D., Civil Engineering (Environmental), Purdue University 2013
- M.S., Environmental Engineering, National Taiwan University 2005
- B.S., Environmental Engineering, National Cheng Kung University 2003
Dr. Shih-Chi Weng is a senior scientist with Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources (GCDWR). He was a postdoctoral researcher at Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University before joining Georgia Tech in 2019 as adjunct assistant professor. He has over 10 years academic research training in environmental engineering before transitioning to water industry at GCDWR in 2017. His research interests include Applied research in water production and wastewater reclamation, Disinfection and disinfection byproducts, UV application, Instrumental analysis and analytical chemistry, and Water reuse.
- Applied research in water production and wastewater reclamation
- disinfection and disinfection byproducts
- UV application
- Instrumental analysis and analytical chemistry
- Water reuse
- Weng, S.C., Dunkin, N., McQuarrie, J., Bell, K., Schwab, K.J.; Jacangelo, J.G.; (2018) “Infectivity Reduction Efficacy of UV irradiation and Peracetic Acid-UV Combined Treatment on MS2 Bacteriophage and Murine Norovirus in Secondary Wastewater Effluent.” Journal of Environmental Management, 221, 1-9
- Weng, S.C.; Yang J.Y.; Li, Y.H.; Blatchley III, E.R.; (2017) “UV-Induced Effects on Toxicity of Model DBPs” Journal of Total Environment, Volumes 599-600, 94-97
- Dunkin, N., Weng, S.C., Coulter, C.G., Jacangelo, J.G., Schwab, K.J.; (2017) “Reduction of Human Norovirus GI, GII, and Surrogates by Peracetic Acid and Monochloramine in Municipal Secondary Wastewater Effluent” Environmental Science & Technology 51 (20), 11918-11927
- Weng S.C., Luo Y., Li J., Zhou B., Jacangelo J.G., Schwab K.J. (2016) “Assessment and Speciation of Chlorine Demand in Fresh-Cut Produce Wash Water” Food Control, 60, 543–551
- Weng, S.C., Sun, P.Z., Ben, W.W., Huang, C.H., Lee, L.D., and Blatchley III, E.R. (2014), “The Presence of Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products (PPCPs) in Swimming Pools” Environmental Science & Technology Letter, 1 (12), 495-498.
- Weng, S.C.; Shi, M.; Cherchi, C.; Joseph G. Jacangelo; Kellogg J. Schwab; “Water Polishing of Municipal Wastewater Intended for Water Recycling Using a Novel Biocatalyst Technology” 31st Annual WateReuse Symposium, Tampa, FL, USA; September 2016
- Weng, S.C., Joseph G. Jacangelo, and Kellogg J. Schwab; “Treatment options for water reuse in the food industry: a bench-scale study of leafy-green washwater” 19th Annual Water Reuse & Desalination Research Conference, Huntington Beach, CA, USA; May 2015