- Yang, C. S., R. ResRoches, and G. J. Rix, “Numerical Fragility Analysis of Vertical-Pile- Supported Wharves in the Western United States,” Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 16, 579- 594, 2012.
- Gregory, R., M. Harstone, G. J. Rix, and A. Bostrom, “Seismic Risk Mitigation Decisions at Ports: Multiple Challenges, Multiple Perspectives,” Natural Hazards Review, 13(1), 88-95, 2012.
- Green, R.A., Cubrinovski, M., Wotherspoon, L., Allen, J., Bradley, B., Bradshaw, A., Bray, J., DePascale, G., Orense, R., O’Rourke, T., Pender, M., Rix, G., Wells, D., Wood, C., Henderson, D., Hogan, L., Kailey, P., Robinson, K., Taylor, M., and Winkley, A. “Geotechnical Aspects of the Mw6.2 2011 Christchurch, New Zealand Earthquake”, State of the Art and Practice in Geotechnical Engineering R. Hryciw, A. Athanasopoulos-Zekkos, and N. Yesiller, eds., ASCE Geotechnical Special Publication 225, 1700-1709, 2012.
- Bignardi, S., Fedele, F., Yezzi, A. J., Rix, G. J., and Santarato, G. “Geometric Seismic-Wave Inversion by the Boundary Element Method,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 102(2), 802-811, 2012.
- Green, R., Wood, C., Cox, B., Cubrinovski, M., Wotherspoon, L., Bradley, B., Algie, T., Allen, J., Bradshaw, A., and Rix, G. “Use of DCP and SASW Tests to Evaluate Liquefaction Potential: Predictions vs. Observations during the Recent New Zealand Earthquakes,” Seismological Research Letters, 82(6), 927-938, 2011.
- DesRoches, R., J. Hellstrom, N. Pansic, and G. J. Rix, “Louisiana River and Coastal Ports Assessment,” Hurricane Katrina Damage Assessment, S. A. Curtis, Ed., American Society of Civil Engineers, Reston, Virginia, pp. 97-130, 2007.
- Rix, G. J. “Near-Surface Site Characterization Using Surface Waves,” Surface Waves in Geomechanics: Direct and Inverse Modelling for Soils and Rocks, C. G. Lai and K. Wilmanski, Eds., SpringerWien, New York, pp. 1-46, 2005.
- Meier, R. W., and G. J. Rix, “Chapter 7 - Backcalculation of Flexible Pavement Moduli From Falling Weight Deflectometer Data Using Artificial Neural Networks,” Artificial Neural Networks for Civil Engineers: Advanced Features and Applications, I. Flood and N. Kartam, Eds., American Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 162-190, 1998.
- Werner, S. D., G. J. Rix, and R. DesRoches, (2008). “Seismic Risk Management for Seaports,” Proceedings, 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, October 12-17, Beijing, China.
- Rix, G. J., R. W. Boulanger, C. Conlee, P. M. Gallagher, R. Kamai, S. Kano, A. Marinucci, and E. M. Rathje, “Large-Scale Geotechnical Simulations to Advance Seismic Risk Management for Ports,” Proceedings, 4th International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, Paper No. W1-1008, 2007.
- Spencer, L. M., G. J. Rix, and P. M. Gallagher, “Dynamic Properties of Colloidal Silica Gel and Sand Mixtures,” Proceedings, 4th International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, Paper No. 1324, 2007.
- Rix, G. J. and C. G. Lai, “Model-Based Uncertainty in Surface Wave Inversion,” Proceedings, 20th Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems, pp. 969-975, 2007. (Selected as one of ten best papers at SAGEEP 2007)
- Yoon, S. and G. J. Rix, “Evaluation of Soil Improvement via Blasting Using Array-Based Surface Wave Tests,” Proceedings, 20th Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems, pp. 501-508, 2007.
- Rathje, E., Bachhuber, J., Cox, B., French, J., Green, R., Olson, S., Rix, G., Wells, D., and Suncar, O. (2010). Geotechnical Engineering Reconnaissance of the 2010 Haiti Earthquake, Geo- Engineering Extreme Events Reconnaissance Association, Report No. GEER-021, Version 1, 22 February, 97 pp.
- Eberhard, M.O., Baldridge, S., Marshall, J., Mooney, W., and Rix, G.J. (2010). The Mw 7.0 Haiti Earthquake of January 12, 2010, U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report 2010-1048, 56 pp.
- Romero, S. and G. J. Rix, “Seismic Zonation of Soils Susceptible to Ground Motion Amplification,” Report to the Mid-America Earthquake Center, April 2001.
- Kelson, K. (Coordinator), J. Bray, L. Cluff, L. Harder, S. Kieffer, W. Page, W. Perkins, G. Rix, C. Roblee, N. Sitar, D. Wells, R. Wright, and M. Yashinsky (Contributors), “Fault-Related Surface Deformation,” Chapter 3 of 1999 Chi-Chi, Taiwan Earthquake Reconnaissance Report, Earthquake Spectra, Supplement A to Vol. 17, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, 19-36, 2001.
- Hebeler, G. L. and G. J. Rix, “Site Characterization in Shelby County, Tennessee Using Advanced Surface Wave Methods,” Report to the Mid-America Earthquake Center, March 2001.
- “Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering,” Short Course on Introduction to Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology Professional Education, Atlanta, GA, February 26-27, 2013.
- “Performance of Container Ports in Recent Earthquakes,” EERI Annual Meeting and National Earthquake Conference, Memphis, TN, April 11, 2012.
- “Surface Wave Methods for Near-Surface Site Characterization,” ASCE Georgia Section Geotechnical Committee, Atlanta, GA, September 20, 2011.
- “The February 22, 2011 Mw6.3 Christchurch, New Zealand Earthquake,” University of California, Berkeley, March 9, 2011.
- “The January 12, 2010 Mw7.0 Haiti Earthquake,” Northeast Florida Engineers Week Banquet, Jacksonville, FL, February 26, 2011.
- Invention Disclosure No. 2801: Real-Time Reduction of Equipment-Generated Damping in the Resonant Column/Torsional Shear Test
- Surface Wave Toolbox − a suite of software applications in the form of Fortran 95 programs and Matlab scripts for surface wave analysis. The toolbox includes programs for calculating experimental dispersion and attenuation curves from measured surface wave data, solving the forward (i.e. eigenvalue) problem for surface wave propagation in layered elastic and viscoelastic media, and solving the inverse problem to determine the shear wave velocity and material damping ratio profiles from experimental dispersion and attenuation data.