- Suanda, S. H., Kumar, N., Miller, A. J., Di Lorenzo, E., Haas, K., Cai, D., Washburn, L., Fewings, M.R., Torres, R. and Feddersen, F. (2016). Wind relaxation and a coastal buoyant plume north of Pt. Conception, CA: Observations, simulations, and scalings. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 121(10), 7455-7475.
- Young, D., Bruder, B., Webster, D., Haas, K. (2016). The hydrodynamics of surface tidal flow exchange in saltmarshes. Estuarine, Coastal, and Shelf Science. , 172, 128-137.
- Yang, X., and Haas, K. A. (2015). Improving assessments of tidal power potential using grid refinement in the Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere-Wave-Sediment Transport model. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 7(4), 043107.
- Yang, X., Haas, K., Fritz, H., French, S., Shi, X., Smith, B., Neary, V. and Gunawan, B. (2015) National geodatabase of ocean current power resource in USA. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol 44, Pages 496-507.
- Yang, X., Haas, K. and Fritz, H. (2014) Evaluating the Potential for Energy Extraction from Turbines in the Gulf Stream system. Renewable Energy, Vol 72, Pages 12-21
- Haas, K., Yang, X., Neary, V. and Gunawan, B. (2017) Ocean Current Energy Resource Assessment for the Gulf Stream System: The Florida Current In Marine Renewable Energy: Resource Characterization and Physical Effects, Z. Yang and A Copping (Eds) Springer. Accepted for publication.
- Haas, K., Defne, Z., Yang, X. and Bruder, B. (2017) Hydrokinetic Tidal Energy Resource Assessments Using Numerical Models. In Marine Renewable Energy: Resource Characterization and Physical Effects, Z. Yang and A Copping (Eds) Springer. Accepted for publication.
- Haas, K., Yang, X. and Fritz, H. (2014) Modeling impacts of energy extraction from the Gulf Stream System. Marine Energy Technology Symposium, April 2014, Seattle WA.
- Bruder, B. and Haas, K. (2014) Tidal Distortion as Pertains to Hydrokinetic Turbine Selection and Resource Assessment. Marine Energy Technology Symposium, April 2014, Seattle WA.
- Work, P.A., Haas, K., Otay, E., Warren, D., and Elci, S., (2013). Risk analysis for transport of contaminated estuarine sediments. 6th Intl. Perspective on Water Resources and the Environment, ASCE, Izmir, Turkey
- List, J., Warner, J., Thieler, E., Haas, K., Voulgaris, G., McNinch, J. and Brodie, K. (2011) A Nearshore Processes Field Experiment at Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, U.S.A. To appear in Proceeding of Coastal Sediments 2011, ASCE
- Defne, Z., Haas, K. and Fritz, H. (2008) Assessment of Tidal Currents along the Atlantic Coast of the Southeast USA for Energy Conversion: Case Study for Georgia. 2nd International Conference on Ocean Energy, Brest, France.
- Haas, K. (2013). Assessment of Energy Production Potential from Ocean Currents along the United States Coastline. doi:10.2172/1093367
- Smallegan, S., Haas, K., Work, P. and Warren, D. (2012). Lead and PAHs in Sediments Surrounding the Skeet Range at U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort, Beaufort, SC. Project Report to US Marine Corps Headquarters
- Haas, Kevin A. (2011) Assessment of Energy Production Potential From Tidal Streams In the United States. doi:10.2172/1023527.
- Smallegan, S., Gay, T., Haas, K., Work, P. and Warren, D. (2011). Heavy Metals and Sediment Analyses: Small Arms Firing Ranges, US Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, NC. Project Report to US Marine Corps Headquarters
- Hammerstein, H.., Gay, T., Work, P., Haas, K. and Warren, D. (2011). Sediment Analyses: Brant Island Shoal and Piney Island Bombing Ranges, US Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point NC. Project Report to US Marine Corps Headquarters
- Haas, K., Stoesser, T., Bruder, B. and Bomminayuni, S. (2013) Tidal Energy Assessment for Rose Dhu Island, GA. Coastal Georgia Colloquium, October 2013, Savannah GA.
- Neary, V., Polagye, B., Gunawan, B., Haas, K. and Colby, J. (2013) Tidal Energy Site Resource Assessment: Technical Specifications, Best Practices and Case Studies. 6th Annual Global Marine Renewable Energy Conference, Washington DC
- Yang, X., Haas, K. and Fritz, H. (2013) Ocean Current Energy Assessment for the Gulf Stream. 4th Annual Marine Renewable Energy Technical Conference, Providence Rhode Island, Jan 2013.
- Haas, K. (2012) Tidal Stream Energy Resource Assessments. Invited presentation at the 5th Annual Global Marine Renewable Energy Conference, Washington, DC.
- Haas, K. and Warner, J. (2012) Coupled-Ocean-Atmosphere-Wave Modeling Of Weather Fronts. Presented at Ocean Sciences 2012, Salt Lake City, Utah.