Kimberly E. Kurtis
Associate Chair - Graduate Programs and COE ADVANCE Professor
Affinity Group: Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials
Dr.Kimberly (Kim) E. Kurtis is a professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology, where she joined the faculty in January 1999. Dr. Kurtis earned her BSE (1994) in civil engineering from Tulane University under a Deans Honor Scholarship and her Ph.D. (1998) in civil engineering from the University of California at Berkeley, where she was a [Read More]
- Nano/microstructure, properties, and durability of cement-based materials
- Development of novel methods for multiscale characterization of infrastructure materials
- High performance concrete
- Fiber-cement composites
- Applications of nondestructive evaluation methods to cementbased materials
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, 1998.
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1995.
- B.S.E., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tulane University, 1994.