People are our priority. The world is our laboratory.
CEE students, faculty, and alumni will be global leaders in planning, designing, constructing, managing, and renewing built and natural environments, contributing to a sustainable world, shaping public policy, and enhancing health, safety, and the quality of life.
Through cross-disciplinary research, service-based learning, and innovative course content and delivery, students, faculty, and alumni in CEE will be leaders in systems-level thinking and technological innovation that define and solve complex problems at the interface of built, natural, and social systems, and engage in service to the State of Georgia, the nation, and the world.
Our Core Values
The following qualities are the core values that guide and are reflected in CEE’s vision, mission and strategic plan:
- Academic Rigor
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Public Service
Our Strategic Objectives
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering has developed a five-year strategy to guide our efforts, a plan designed to navigate growth and change with common, overarching goals that align with the School’s vision and mission.
- Education - Enhance our curriculum and learning pedagogy to prepare our students to become global leaders in addressing the societal grand challenges and identifying opportunities that are at the interface of built, natural, and social systems.
- Research - Leverage CEE’s size, breadth, and depth to address the greatest challenges facing the state, nation, and world through the development and support of research opportunities across all disciplines.
- Global Public Service and Outreach - To empower, inspire, and equip CEE students and faculty to be engaged global citizens through public service and outreach that address challenges on the state, national, and/or global levels.
- Creativity and Innovation - To embrace creativity and innovation as guiding values in our academic community, in educating the next generation, and in establishing trend-setting research.
- Leadership - Foster an environment in which CEE’s status as a local, national and global thought leader in the field is promoted in multiple venues, internally and externally.
- Organizational Effectiveness - Relentlessly pursue administrative effectiveness, innovation, and excellence to enable CEE faculty, staff, and students to fulfill the School’s educational, research, service and tactical missions.