The James B. Feldman Study Abroad Endowment is a new opportunity for civil and environmental engineering students to supplement their study abroad plans with a non-academic experience that extends or enhances the meaning and perspective they receive from their overseas experience.
Created in 2018 by alumnus Jim Feldman, BCE 1977, and his wife, Amy, the endowment provides $1,000 to one student per year who already has planned and funded their study abroad trip.
The funds may be used to spend extra time in the destination country after the end of the academic program, to pay for weekend travel the student couldn’t otherwise afford, or other non-academic experiences.
- A completed application with an itemized budget of expected expenditures
- Proof of an upcoming study abroad trip, such as a letter of support or program acceptance letter
- A final note for Mr. Feldman that provides a brief summary of how you used the fund and what you learned from the experience. Reports are due 30 days after the conclusion of your trip.
Please Note: Submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
Keep in mind, only one student per year will receive funding.
- Applications for spring semester funding are due October 1.
- Applications for summer semester funding are due March 1.
- Applications for fall semester funding are due June 1.
Application review generally takes four weeks from the deadline, so you should expect decisions early the following month.
Once completed, application packages must be emailed as a single PDF file to email@example.com. Please include Feldman Study Abroad Fund Application in the subject line.