Alumnae from the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering are well represented on Engineering Georgia’s fifth annual list of the 100 most influential women in Georgia.
The magazine also released a list of the 50 notable women in celebration of professionals who have significantly contributed to the industry over the past year.
Twenty-two successful CEE alums in construction , transportation, education and more were selected for the honor.
The magazine built its lists from the recommendations of peers, industry leaders and its own editorial board. “These women are leaders in male-dominated fields who have had to create their own paths to success and stand as an inspiration for the next generation of engineering leaders,” writer Brett Hillesheim noted.
The lists are comprised of women who are recognized by their peers for the dedication, innovation, and leadership. The lists include:
100 Influential Women
- Malory Atkinson, MBA. CPSM, LEED GA – Co-Founder; Shear Structural
- Stacy Blakley, PE – Co-Founder, CEO; Douglas Consulting (CE 98)
- Susan Burns – Associate Chair of Administration and Finance; Georgia Tech School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CE 90, MS CE 96, MS EnvE 96, Ph.D. CE 97)
- Rebecca Collins, PE – Executive Vice President; Croy Engineering (CE 01)
- Ligia Florim, PE – District Engineer; Cobb County Government (CE 99)
- Karen Jenkins, PE, SE, AIA, LEED AP – Co-Founder; Shear Structural (MS CE 93)
- Karyn Matthews, PE – Senior Transportation Engineer, Arcadis (CE 02)
- Nikki Parris, PE – Project Director; Atkins (CE 98)
- Christina Pastore, PE, AICP – Traffic Engineer/ Transportation Planner; Kimley-Horn (MS CE 05)
- Meg Pirkle, PE – Chief Engineer; GDOT (MS CE 97)
- Angela Snyder, PE – President; Practical Design Partners (CE 04)
50 Notable Women
- Cary Bearn – Senior Program Manager- Biking; NACTO – National Association of City Transportation Officials (MS CE 15)
- Cary Campbell – Director of Operations; Winter Construction (CE 01)
- Suzanne Cooler, PE, MPA – County Engineer; Chatham County, GA Government (CE 96)
- Laura Cullen – Regional Director; Woodworks (CE 12, MS CE 13)
- Melissa Harper, PE, SE – CEI Structures Practice Lead; Jacobs (CE 88)
- Kate Henry, PE – Partner and Vice President; Aulick Engineering (CE 08)
- Daveitta Jenkins Knight, PE – Vice President, Atlanta Area; RS&H (CE 94)
- Chakira Johnson, PE – Senior Project Manager; Lowe Engineers (CE 01)
- Lauren Leyrer, PE – Senior Project Manager; Eberly & Associates, Inc. (CE 13)
- Pamela Little, PE, PMP – Principal, Associate Vice President; Pond & Company (MS CE 99)
- Tiffany Wommack, EIT – Project Engineer; Jacobs (CE 17)
- Bing Zhang, PE, PTOE – Transportation Engineer; Kimley-Horn (MS CE 14)